BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, August 23, 2010

The Blessing

Guess what? I'm pregnant : )

Over the past few months I've been learning what a precious miracle a baby is and God has answered our prayers. Jonah and I are officially nervous, expecting parents. The baby should be making its grand appearance mid-April.

There's the facts, now I'll give you some details about how I told him!

I found out on a Thursday morning and hid the pregnancy test in the medicine cabinet. I didn't scream when I saw the test or anything, I was just in a grateful state of mind/good mood. Jonah and I had the best ride over to his work that morning because we were both in great moods and I thought he'd get suspicious because I'm SO not a morning person, but he was looking forward to flight time and was probably already running through checklists in his head. I wanted to tell him Friday so that he could let the thoughts sink in and just enjoy the moment (and not be interrupted by work). So, Friday morning after I dropped him off I went to the hospital to confirm the pregnancy. Next, I went by the store to get some stuff to decorate the house, along with some first gifts for the baby. I hung streamers and a sign and decorated the table with baby stuff for him to see when he came in. I went by Chili's and got "baby" back ribs for dinner and made gourmet brownies my brother Zeno sent for my birthday (thanks zeno!) That evening I picked him up and told him we were going to see a movie on base but first I needed to go home and get my jacket. He still had NO idea. In fact, he proceeded to call some friends we were hanging out with that night to invite them to the movie that I completely made up. Thank goodness they couldn't go.

When we got home I ran in to get my place and think of what I'd say. Jonah walked in and went straight upstairs (in our house you can go straight upstairs and never see into the living room). A little annoyed at this point, I called him downstairs and when he asked what was going on, I told him in a not so clever or thought-out way that he was going to be a Dad. His mouth dropped open and stayed that way for about 5 seconds while we hugged.
Some Okinawan gifts for the baby
I was really excited to find this tiger because Jonah's very favorite toy when he was a toddler was his stuffed tiger. I was surprised to find this one amongst the very limited selection on base.
When we talked to our families the next week on skype they asked us the usual "how was your weekend?" question. We told them that "the three of us went snorkeling." They sort of paused and someone said "wait, the three of you???" to which we replied "yeah, me, Jonah and the BABY!"

Hope you enjoyed the story! We love and miss you guys!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats to you both!!! This is Awesome news:) We love you both.. Well all three of you now.(And Minnie of course) So I am putting in dibs now for throwing the shower:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! Katie, you're adorable. Congrats to you guys for this great news :) Looking forward to more updates and can't wait to see Baby Warren!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaayyyyyy!!!!! So excited for you two!!!! A little birdie told me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so, So , SO excited for you both. You will be wonderful parents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!! I'm so excited for the both of you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That"s great you guys! The best is yet to come! You're going to be so in love with this baby. Congratulations! Love, Paige

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS KATIE AND JONAH!!! I'm so pumped for ya'll!! thanks for sharing the big news! e.m.

    ReplyDelete