BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Warrens in a DUPLEX!

Konnichiwa! Ogenki desu ka?
Good Afternoon! How are you?

Watashi no uchi wa Kadena desu.
My house is in Kadena.



I wanted to upload some pictures so that you guys can have a tour of our place!! A little background, our duplex was built in the 1960's and is pure cement, which is great in tsunami season, not so great for aesthetic reasons. Fun thought: every time we want to hang a picture I have to rent a cement drill : )








When you first walk in you will notice our noren curtain, otherwise known as a Japanese window or doorway curtain. This marks the entrance to the living room. Now, I should warn you. It's very green. When I was picking out the paint I called Jonah to ask him whether we should paint the living room tan or go crazy and paint it green? We decided to paint it green. It was kind of shocking when we finished, but now I think it looks so Japanese and fun. Hope you like it!!!






TA-DA!!



I will eventually be covering the chair with a matching slipcover, but for the moment I'm using one of our throws. Thanks to Mom and Davis Town Square for the slipcovers and curtains : ) The chair, bookcase (shown here as a tv stand), coffee table and end table are all government-issued furniture. We were only allowed to bring about 2300 pounds of stuff with us here, so most of our furniture stayed in the states. The government furniture is really pretty nice. I especially like the buffet and hutch, not pictured.




As you can see our kitchen is pretty small. Apart from the refrigerator, all of our food is actually stored in a pantry in the laundry room. Remember how I said this place was built in the 1960's? : )






Well, that gives you an idea of what our new home looks like! Downstairs we have the crazy green living room/dining area, half bath, the kitchen and laundry room. Upstairs we have three bedrooms and a full bathroom. We hope you enjoyed the tour!!


p.s. if you decide to come visit you may get to see Minnie in rare form, showing off her ferocious moves.





...ahem, you have a little grass on your mouth.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha!! I love it!!
    The green looks great! :)

    So glad you guys are moved in and the issues with Base Housing are settled!

    ReplyDelete