BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Holidays!

Well, we celebrated our first holiday away from family this Thanksgiving. I'm sure we missed out on some good laughs and great turkey too.

The military lifestyle has taught me a lot so far, and I think it's fitting that our first post be about one lesson I'm learning as I go, and that is... making the most of it! Although we were across the states from our families, we were just a quick trip from San Francisco... so we climbed hills on cable cars, ate great sushi, did some time at Alcatraz, wondered through Muir Woods and created some of our own memories. I'm thankful for the opportunities the military affords us to see new places and learn to become "family" to each other. I know I have a long way to go and I hope I'll learn to appreciate the chances God gives me to improve my attitude and make the most of it. I know those chances (i.e. deployments, floats, being on the other side of the world) are right around the corner. As with anything else, I think the military lifestyle is what you make of it and I'm hoping that during our stay in Okinawa we make the most of it and embrace our surroundings. Speaking of that... we hope to be in Okinawa by March sometime. We'll probably be there for a full 3-year tour, pending the 46 transition to the new osprey. I'm sure we'll be home for visits during the next three years, but nonetheless I am thankful to spend some time with my family and friends over the Holidays because I know it's a gift. I hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment